Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Facebook

Becoming part of the Facebook phenomenon is something I have long passively resisted -  apart from peering over my daughter's shoulder to check what she was doing and having friends say to me how can you be a librarian and not been on Facebook I have had little to do with it - the fact has been that I don't go online much when I am not at work. 


Having said that I can see the value that a library could have using it  - keeping people up  to date with what  is going on and as a way to promote the library and it's services.  Also it is interactive in terms of people being able to comment on what you are providing and whether they are happy with it or not and being able to make suggestions about what they would like. 

The list of what we need to add to our library website gets longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment