Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Library Thing

Personally if you like to keep track of what you have read or would like to read this is the way to do it.

I can see in the future all the people that currently come into the library with their notebooks and lists of what they have read bringing in their phones, iPads, whatever and checking on Library Thing to see where they are up to. 

I am going to explore how libraries use this as I think it could be a great way to show new titles that come into the system on the library website - the bit I need to explore is how to link it to our catalogue.  Any comments on this will be gratefully received especially from Mandurah or Cockburn or any other library that uses it.

4 comments:

  1. I think Library Thing is great too, (altho such a time grabber)! I imagine there would be lots of library patrons who would like some training on this great resource. No need to be in a reading rut when there is Library Thing available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libraryinthehills, you need to talk to Bruce at Mandurah Library or Teena at Falcon eLibrary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Library thing is great. Did not take long for some practical outcomes from this course too. I am struggling. I think I may have failed a course for the first time in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at what others have read. It is like looking on the returns shelf.

    ReplyDelete